MS. Degree. Graduated 1973, University of Warsaw, Poland
Major: Higher Mathematics and Computer Science.
Program included 5 years of classroom work plus thesis.
|2009 to 2010
- Dell Services Federal Government, Fairfax, Virginia, Contractor for Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency for the District of Columbia in Washington, DC
- Participated in the development of SMART system, which provides Community Supervision Officers (CSOs) with a series of specialized web based applications that handle every step involved in supervising an offender from beginning to end. This system was developed based on Microsoft WCSF architecture, and was written in C#.
|2007 to 2009
- Perot Systems Government Services, Fairfax, Virginia, Contractor for OMB Executive Office of the President in Washington, DC
- Prepared architectural, design and implementation outlines for transition current(C/C++) desktop applications to more scalable and maintainable applications. Participated in publishing the E-Budget of the US Government for 2010 and for 2009, which was for the first time provided only in the electronic format. This included running and supporting applications involved in the publishing process; MS Office VB applications, Actuate and Easytrieve reporting.
- Technologies used: UML, HTML, VB, C++, Actuate.
|2005 to 2007
- QSS, Lanham, Maryland, Scientific Programmer IV for NOAA NOAA in Silver Spring, Maryland
- As one of the core members of the team, involved in designing, developing and documenting the RWS.NET system for processing and managing Upper Air Atmospheric Data. The system enables meteorologists at Weather Forecast Offices across the US to launch radiosonde aboard the weather balloons for collecting and beaming the atmospheric data into RWS.NET (via a signal processing system). Data is collected, processed, managed by RWS.NET system and enables users to edit, send, data products to other NWS systems for creating weather models used in weather predictions.
- Assisted in architect and designing the RWS.NET system based on Microsoft Smart Client Architecture using CAB and Enterprise Libraries. Used vendor graphics package for grid support for the data display and editing. Involved in DB schema design for managing atmospheric data in SQL Server 2005 Express DB management system and supporting legacy MS Access databases. Involved in implementing various GUI, Business processes and Data management units of the RWS.NET system primarily in C#. Prepared and presented the design and implementation details for peer reviews.
- Technologies used: UML, ADO.NET, C#, SQL Server.
|2005 to 2005
- Canton Group, Baltimore, Maryland, Architect for State of Maryland DHR
- Acting as a lead of the State of Maryland DHR IS software architect group. Responsibility included establishing architectural and design guidelines for the currently existing and upcoming web applications. Prepare document: Architecture and Design Guidance for .NET ?Web Applications development. Build prototype that takes advantage of User Interface Process Application Block (UIP) and the Enterprise Library as a language of choice was C#.
- Technologies used: UML, HTML/Java Script, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C#, SQL Server.
|2003 to 2005
- Westat, Rockville, Maryland, Senior Systems Analyst
- Full life-cycle software development experience including: requirements and specifications, architectural design documentation, optimization and performance analysis, quality assurance, release to production, as well as support and maintenance. Some of the highlights of my duties and achievements are as follows: Designed and developed Westat Marketing System (WMS) web application based on Microsoft layered component model. This application was build with the use Microsoft application blocks and libraries. Used Microsoft UIP Application Block to implement presentation and data access layers.
- Technologies used: ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, and MS SQL SERVER 2000. Tools used for this project were MSO Visio 2003, Visual Studio 2003, and Visual SourceSafe.
- Redesigned and implemented the ARPC Billing System web application for tracking equipment and billing projects that used the equipment. It was design based on the layered component model and implemented with the use of MS UIP Application Block on the .NET platform.
- Technologies used: MSO Visio, VB.NET, ASP.NET, and ADO.NET, Visual Studio 2003, and Visual SourceSafe.
- Design Westat Visual Survey (WVS.NET) system that is used to collect survey data during the interviews. Though requirements analysis and assessment of the state of software development technology it was determine that the best suitable technology for implementing the system was .NET Framework. The design document describes layered component model and other patterns used for building the system. Used MSO Visio 2003 UML for building Use Cases, State Transition, Object Class diagrams and C#, VB.NET for prototyping.
- Technologies used: UML, HTML/Java Script, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C#, VB.NET, MS SQL Server.
|2002 to 2003
- Soft Web Services, Silver Spring, Maryland, Consultant
- Participated in the redesign and implementation multi Web applications for the telecommunication standards document retrieval system into a Web Services oriented integrated system. The effort is done in two steps. First build application wrappers in the form of web services and the second is to replace ASP/VB MTS COM based components with the .NET Framework library.
- Technologies used: UML, HTML/Java Script, XML/XSL, SOAP, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C#, SQL Server.
|2000 to 2001
- Thomson Financial, Rockville, Maryland, Senior Software Engineer.
- Technologies used: UML, HTML/Java Script, XML/XSL, ASP, COM+, ADO, C++, Oracle 8e.
|2000 to 2000
- Outreach Technologies, Columbia, Maryland, SDK Engineer
- Lead SDK (Software Development Kit) support development group for the Embrace Conferencing system. The Embrace SDK is a library of COM components and interfaces used to build conferencing system written in C++ running on Windows NT and using SQL Server for repository. Provided presentations, tutorials, guidance and samples for the Outreach Embrace clients. Wrote developers user guide for building Embrace conferencing system.
- Technologies used: UML, HTML/Java Script, ASP, COM+, ADO, C++, SQL Server
|1999 to 2000
- NASDAQ, Rockville, Maryland, Programmer Analyst
- Developed Analyst Workstation for the Surveillance Delivery Real-time (SDR), an alert detection and presentation system. The design included Use Case, Class and State diagrams. It was implemented as a on-line real-time, multithreaded, NT COM services control application with the alerts data coming from the Nasdaq Stock Market in the form of MSMQ messages. This application was written in C++. I used MFC and Stingray library for the user interface and ATL COM components to support business level interfaces. Messaging was implemented in MSMQ. Components were running under MTS, and some as a specialized NT services. The additional data was access and saved in SQL Server using stored procedures and ODBC. (SDR).
- Technologies used: UML, C++, MFC, Stingray, ATL, COM, MSMQ, MTS and SQL Server.
|1995 to 1999
- Magellan Health Services, Columbia, Maryland, Senior Software Engineer
- Lead the analysis, design and implementation of the Magellan Providers Credentialing system. Analysis included capturing user and engineering requirements. OO Design included Object Class and Schema diagrams. Application was build as a multithreaded client-server transactional database retrieval and reporting system written using MFC as a base for the class library and ODBC as a connectivity to the SQL Server databases.
- Technologies used: UML, C++, MFC, SQL, COM, ODBC and SQL Server.
- Participated in the design and implementation of the QUEST integrated clinical information system. OO design included Use Case, Object Class and Schema diagrams. Application was build as a client-server multithreaded information retrieval and reporting system written in C++ with MFC and Crystal reporting and ODBC connectivity to the SQL Server databases.
- Technologies used: UML, C++, MFC, SQL, COM, ODBC and SQL Server.
|1993 to 1995
- US Senate Computer Center, Washington, DC. Programmer Analyst
- Lead the analysis, design and implementation of the Visitor Information Kiosk using Video for Windows SDK, touch screens SDK and Visual C++ / MFC. This application was a first step into the current front page of www.senate.gov. Participated in the OO design and implementation of LEGIS system, using Excelerator II for analysis and design and Visual C++ /MFC and Oracle for the implementation.
- Technologies used: C++, MFC, Video for Windows SDK
|1981 to 1993
- The Arbitron Company, Laurel, Maryland. (Ceridian Company). Senior App. Developer.
- Primary designer and group leader for the development of ScanAmerica CD-ROM micro application, using Object Oriented (OO) methodology, MS Windows SDK and C++. Also I have done designing, coding and implementing the specialized software for Optical Scanning System.
- Technologies used: C++, MFC, CommonView
|1980 to 1981
- Weather Guard Corporation, Beltsville, Maryland, Programmer Analyst
- Designed and implemented integrated system in FORTRAN on PDP-11. This system stored data on contractual, financial, and production information. It generated production sheets, labels, and produced different kind of reports, for example: A/R, sales commission, and ledger.
- Technologies used: Fortran, dBase VI
|1979 to 1980
- MERA - Design Laboratory, Warsaw, Poland, Project Leader
- Acted as the primary designer and group leader for development of an interactive fire department Dispatching and Information Management System. This system recognized the building; the material stored in it, and alerted the nearest fire station with the appropriate equipment needed.
|1972 to 1978
- MERA ?Institute of Mathematical Machines, Warsaw, Poland, Senior Research Assistant
- Performed theoretical analysis and modeling of discrete processes. Taught computer programming and operations. Wrote drivers and test software for specialized hardware controllers.
Available upon request.